Follow me on twitter and instagram to get your daily dose of demons and jinn! This page will also be updated with all of the supernatural beings in the gallery at the bottom of the page, and you can find links to all of my sources below, they are available in public archives to be browsed through.
- The Encyclopedia of Demons and Demonology by Rosemary Ellen Guiley, 2009
- The Dictionary of Demons: Names of the Damned by Michelle Belanger, 2010
- Twitter threads by Ali A Olomi, Historian of Middle East and Islam
- The Jinn Wikia
- The AdversaryThe Adversary is an archetype found across cultures, manifesting as figures such … The Adversary
- AgaresAgares is an infernal duke who commands 31 legions of lesser demons. … Agares
- FrasmielFrasmiel is a demon who appears as a giant serpent with a … Frasmiel
- AbraxasIn gnostic cosmology, Abraxas is the rooster-headed, serpent-legged god who created the material world. Letters of his name represent the 7 planetary spheres & he’s often found on magick amulets. He’ was demonized by Christians & appears in Dictionnaire Infernal
- EphippasEphippas is a demon found in The Testament of Solomon that assumes the form of a hellish wind, destroying everything in its path. Solomon uses his ring to trap him in a flask &for ces him to help build his temple & imprison the demon Abezithbod. Image: H.J. Ford
- The Devil surrounded by demon names and corresponding sigilsDepiction of The Devil (almost certainly) surrounded by demon names and corresponding … The Devil surrounded by demon names and corresponding sigils
- ChortChort is a demon from Slavic folklore, son of Chernobog, who is trickster figure in folktales. It often tries to trick people into selling their souls, but is easily outsmarted. Sometimes Chort acts as a force for good & gives heroes magical items, or takes villains to hell.
- AstaphanosAstaphanos is one of the seven Archons, a group of demons from Gnostic cosmology, who prevent souls from leaving the material realm. Astaphanos is associated with the planet Venus, and carries the feminine name Sophia. Art by Alese Osborn.
- Egyptian Ram-Headed DemonEgyptian ram-headed Demon from a royal tomb in the Valley of the … Egyptian Ram-Headed Demon
- The demon GamiginGamigin is a marquis of hell & commands 130,000 lesser demons, or more. He has the power of necromancy & can summons soul that drowned in the ocean, for sure-fire interrogation. He appears as a horse or a man. Image: karkemish00 on Deviant Art, CC-BY-NC-ND
- The RusalkaRusalkas are water spirits from Slavic folklore, who appear as a beautiful women with long hair. In some tales, Rusalkas are the souls of drowned women or unclean spirits who lure men into water & drown them by entangling their body with their long red hair. Image: Ivan Bilibin
- El Tío, Lord of the UnderworldEl Tío (The Uncle) is the devil-like spirit who rules over the mines of Cerro Rico in Bolivia. Statues of this “Lord of the Underworld” can be found all throughout Cerro Ricco’s mines, with offerings like cigarettes, coca leaves, and alcohol left for protection and appeasement.
- Pazuzu (𒀭𒅆𒊒𒍪𒍪)Pazuzu (𒀭𒅆𒊒𒍪𒍪) is the ancient Mesopotamian king of wind demons. He’s responsible for storms, drought, famine & locusts. Though evil himself, Pazuzu is invoked on amulets to drive away other evil spirits, like the malicious goddess Lamashtu. Image: PHGCOM, Wikimedia Commons
- The Demon with Matted Hair from Indian FolkloreIn an Indian folktale, a Bodhisatta, known as the Prince of the … The Demon with Matted Hair from Indian Folklore
- The āl, a type of demon from Middle Eastern loreThe āl, of Middle Eastern folklore, is a demon that steals embryos, or the organs of a woman who just gave birth. After, the āl runs to a river to wash the organs before eating them. Stir the water with a sword before she finishes to prevent her from crossing. #FaustianFriday
- Surgeon demons in watercolor by R. Cooper, 1912Henry Wellcome commissioned this watercolor from R. Cooper in 1912, depicting an … Surgeon demons in watercolor by R. Cooper, 1912
- BarongBarong is the benevolent king of the spirits in Balinese mythology, and the enemy of the demon queen Rangda. Each region of Bali has its own version of Barong modeled after different animals, including a lion, pig, and tiger. Image: an edit of work by Beeyan, Wikimedia, CC BY-SA
- AtranrbiabilAtranrbiabil is a fire demon with the complexion and temperament of the … Atranrbiabil
- ArepachArepach is a demon of the night, who serves under Raysiel, the … Arepach
- Demon costumes from the Nuremberg’s Schembart Carnival, 1590Demon costumes from the Nuremberg’s Schembart Carnival. The carnival was popular in the 15th century, with its parade of elaborate costumes and ships on runners. It ended after 90 years following a famous preacher’s complaint. From Schempart Buech, 1590, UCLA Library Collections
- La Forteresse de la foi, Alphonsus de Spina, France, 15th CenturyDemons attacking a castle, La Forteresse de la foi, Alphonsus de Spina, … La Forteresse de la foi, Alphonsus de Spina, France, 15th Century
- Rangda, Demon Queen of the LeyaksRangda is the Demon Queen of the Leyaks, flying heads with dangling entrails, such as a heart and lungs, from Balinese folklore. They have long tongues and fangs, drink the blood of new born children, and feast on corpses in graveyards. At day, they appear human
- AktonAkton is a demon that causes aches and pains in humans, afflicting … Akton
- Depictions of demons and the devil in medieval manuscriptsDepictions of demons and the devil with extra faces, often on the … Depictions of demons and the devil in medieval manuscripts
- The Compendium Of Demonology and MagicThe Compendium Of Demonology and Magic is a book full of bestiary … The Compendium Of Demonology and Magic
- EzequielEzequiel or Chazaqiel is one of the fallen Watcher Angels, class of … Ezequiel
- AmmitAmmit or Ammut is an Egyptian demon, who holds the titles “Devourer … Ammit
- Demonic imagery from Books of HoursDemonic imagery from different books of hours. A Book of Hours was … Demonic imagery from Books of Hours
- The Demons of RamayanaIn the Sanskrit epic Ramayana, the hero Rama and his army of … The Demons of Ramayana
- HepothHepoth is demon named in The Keys of Solomon that has the … Hepoth
- Jinns harassing humans and causing mischiefJinns harassing humans and causing mischief. Source: The Book of Wonders and … Jinns harassing humans and causing mischief
- Nisnas or Nasnas – Jinn of the forestThough jinn are normally thought of spirits of the desert, some types … Nisnas or Nasnas – Jinn of the forest
- AlleborithAlleborith: a demon from The Testament of Solomon. While most demons have many powers to inflict horrid ills upon humans, Alleborith has only one: he can cause people to choke on fish bones. With such a minor and specific power, no angel is assigned to banish him. Art: Eve Harms
- GamiginGamigin is a marquis who rules thirty legions of lesser demons. With … Gamigin
- RahovartRahovart is a companion of Satan and tormentor of humans. He causes … Rahovart
Sign up for my occult knowledge newsletter and get a FREE book!
Have you guys ever practiced black magick? Well, your girl Kendra might have done a teensy spell. I doubt it’ll amount to much. It was just for research for the book I’m writing—the one that’s sure to be a bestseller, and help me get out of this podunk town. If I can ever finish it, anyway. Teaching creative writing to 5th graders in a church basement isn’t exactly inspiring, so I’ve been telling them horror stories to shut them up and get my creative juices flowing. Nothing more inspiring than children’s screams.
What am I doing? Witchcraft? Scaring children? I hope no one who knows me reads this blog, or I might just get run out of town.
PLUS BONUS STORY: I Will Be Your Dead Friend
Join my email club and receive The Cornfield Creeps and Other Stories. I send emails twice a month with my Occult research in accessible articles, personal updates, and book recommendations.